You want to apply for a bachelor's program at university in Switzerland?
Here you will find more information about applying for a bachelor's program at Swiss universities.
1. Choose the Program You Wish to Apply For
The first step is to choose the program. Choosing the right program to study can be difficult and challenging, but with some quality research you can make the right decision. Universities in Switzerland offer a wide range of study programs so make sure you do your research! You can check out the programs directly at the websites of universities.
2. Check Entry Requirements
Before applying check the entry requirements. International students applying to the Universities in Switzerland must be in possession of one of the following qualifications:
- Recognised foreign upper secondary school leaving certificate
- Language requirements may also be required
Check out here language requirements for studies at universities in Switzerland.
*Entry requirements may vary. Please contact the university for specific admission criteria.
3. Check Deadlines
Usually application (for applicants with a foreign higher education entrance qualification) for the fall semester is processed from December to February and application for spring semester is processed from May to September. You are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
Have in mind that application deadlines may vary. Please visit the university's official website for specific information.
4. Apply Online
Do not forget that online registration must be done within the deadlines indicated above. Before applying please check if you fulfill the requirements for the study program you have chosen. Also, you are required to pay an application fee. Application fee is approximately from CHF 100 to CHF 150.
Supporting documents to be enclosed:
- completed and signed application form
- curriculum vitae
- photocopy of the Certificate of higher secondary studies or High School Diploma
- transcripts of grades for the three last years of High School (1 copy)
- photocopy of identity card/ passport
- 2 passport photos
- language certificates (German, English, Italian)
- proof of the payment of the application fee
* All documents must be sent by post to the Admissions service. Also, depending on the study program additional documents may have to be sent.
5. Notification of Acceptance
If you are accepted , you will receive a formal letter of acceptance from the University.
6. Apply for a Visa
After receiving acceptance letter, you will need to apply for a visa. International students living outside of EU/EFTA countries need to get a student visa. Here you can read more in-depth information about visa and residence permit.